OLMC Faith Formation Programs
The Roman Catholic Church teaches that Faith Formation is a lifelong process.
The concept of lifelong learning invites each of us to continuously grow in our faith
by learning and sharing with others in our community.
With this in mind, OLMC offers Faith Formation programs for every stage of our lives:
“Gathered By Grace” is an opportunity get to know fellow parishioners and deepen your relationship with
Jesus Christ. Gathered By Grace offers something for everyone! Adults, youth and children will experience the Word of God
and discover Church teachings through the same doctrinal themes. We begin with a light meal, then break out into age groups:
Adults, High School Youth, Middle School Youth and Children (Nursery, Pre-K & K, Elementary by grades).
Visit our Gathered By Grace web page to learn more!
Faith Formation for All Age Levels
Adult Faith Formation
Adults in our parish are invited to attend “Gathered By Grace” and to take advantage of our many other Adult Faith Formation opportunities such as Book Studies, Men's Prayer Breakfasts, and seasonal opportunities throughout the year. Registration for Gathered By Grace for adults who do not have any children in Nursery - 5th Grade is available on our Adult Gathered By Grace form!
High School Students
9th through 12th Graders have several opportunities to gather and be formed in faith.
- On Gathered By Grace Sundays, high school youth are invited to GBG with their families and will be PreK/K and Elementary Small Group Leaders during their Break Out session.
- On Sunday evenings from 6:15pm until 8:15pm, high school youth are invited to participate in Life Teen (Senior Youth Group). This is a catechesis that's geared toward their age and helps strengthen their Catholic identity, while rooting them in Christ and in His Church.
To register your teen for Life Teen, visit our Life Teen webpage.
Middle School Students
6th through 8th Graders have several opportunities to gather and be formed in faith.
- On Gathered By Grace Sundays, middle school youth are invited to GBG with their families and attend a Bible Study during their Break Out session. During this time, they will delve deeper into the Word and the upcoming readings and Gospel for that week.
- 6th through 8th Graders meet on Sunday evenings from 6:15 until 8:15 (twice a month) for EDGE (Junior Youth Group). EDGE goes outside the traditional classroom model in order to facilitate a program that educates minds and converts hearts in faith. Through prayer, catechesis, interactive games, stories, small groups and faith sharing, these middle school youth are shown the love of God in a very real way.
To register your child EDGE, visit our EDGE webpage.
Children (Nursery – 5th Grade)
Gathered By Grace Children's Faith Formation is part of our Gathered By Grace Program. Families attend the gatherings together to share a light meal and to learn about their Catholic faith. Parents will grow in their own faith by encountering God through His Word, discovering what we believe as Catholics through the Church's teachings and participating in faith conversations with other adults. Children will be invited to join their same aged peers in small groups with a specific focus on the life, mission and saving work or Jesus Christ. Families are empowered to live their faith as they learn, celebrate and serve in our faith community. Gathered By Grace meets twice most months. Register your family for Gathered By Grace on our Children's Ministry Page.
Kingdom Kids Worship: Family worship at the 10:00 Mass on Sundays is designed to engage children of all ages.
- Kingdom Kids Nursery (Ages 1-3yrs) meets for the duration of Mass and provides toddlers with a nurturing environment to learn about God and grow in their faith through Bible stories, songs and activities.
- Kingdom Kids Worship (1st-5th Grade) are invited to worship with their peers in an engaging environment with upbeat music, a presentation of the Gospel and hearing the message designed just for them. Children attending Kingdom Kids Worship begin in church with their families, are dismissed after the opening prayer and return before the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
Catechesis of the Good Shepherd is a Montessori-based faith formation program developed by Sofia Cavaletti for children, ages 3 to 12. OLMC will soon be offering Level I (ages 3-6) as an additional option for OLMC families. To read more about Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, you can visit their website. You can also read an article, A Peaceful Place to Learn, Grow, published in the Arlington Catholic Herald about the benefits of programs like “Catechesis of the Good Shepherd”.