Have you thought about becoming Catholic?
Are you curious about the Catholic way of life? Do you have questions about our Catholic tradition? Is God calling you to consider becoming Catholic?
You are invited to consider the RCIA journey. The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the process to learn more about Catholicism. This journey begins with a period of inquiry; a time to ask questions, receive the good news of Jesus Christ and open the way for spiritual growth.
Who can benefit from the RCIA?
1. Individuals who are unbaptized.
2. Individuals baptized in another Christian tradition who desire to become Catholic.
3. Individuals who were baptized Catholic and have not received Confirmation.
Becoming Catholic for Children and Youth
There is a process for children and youth seeking to become Catholic too. RCIA includes children and youth 7 years and older who have never been baptized or who were baptized into another Christian community of faith.
How to Begin the Process
If this describes you or someone you know, contact Christa Blomstrom for more information at 757-595-0385 ext. 107 or complete the form below and we will contact you.
To find out more, use the contact form HERE.
Are you interested in being a SPONSOR?
Review the requirements below and contact us HERE or call Christa at 757-595-0385 ext. 107
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must be a fully initiated Catholic and have received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Holy Eucharist.
- Must practice the faith (go to Mass every Sunday, receive Reconciliation at least once per year, pray daily etc.)
- Must be married in the Catholic Church OR single and living a chaste life.
- to attend Tuesday evening sessions and the specified liturgies (dates to be decided)
- to live a strong example of the faith for their candidate
- share your own experiences and spiritual journey
- spend time talking and listening
- help your candidate/catechumen grow in understanding and acceptance of Jesus and teachings of his Church
- pray for your candidate/catechumen regularly
- encourage your candidate/catechumen to grow in virtue to prepare his/her heart to receive the sacrament
- have been to the Sacrament of Reconciliation in the last year
by in Faith Formation